More than Just a Job for Councils – Expression of Interest
- When: By request
- Where: By request
Everyone has the right to work and enjoy a good life. This includes the 1 in 6 Australians with a disability.
More than Just a Job for Councils is an opportunity for councils to receive free coaching, training, advice and support to implement inclusive employment priorities outlined in their disability inclusion action plans (DIAPs) and other inclusion and diversity strategies.
We acknowledge every council will be at different starting points. That is OK! We will work with you to create a plan.
Services could include:
- Strategies to engage someone with intellectual disability on local Council staff, including recruitment and job customisation
- Easy Read training and resource development
- Workplace adjustment support
- Monitoring of inclusive practices to guide action plan
- Regular feedback, coaching and support on inclusive practices
- Other services as needed to help on your council’s inclusivity journey
We will be selecting 12 councils for this project through an expression of interest. Councils must commit to employing at least one person with intellectual disability during the project.
For more information, call 1800 424 065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.