eNews December 2021 in Easy Read
Our big wins for 2021
These are some of the great things we did in 2021.
- We won the Justice Matters campaign!
- We had our first LGBTIQ+ peer meet up about employment
- We have new groups in the Northern Rivers and Sydney to work on supported decision making projects.
- Our Visibility podcast had more than 1200 listeners.
- Our videos had over 60000 views.
We look forward to more big things in 2022
Our latest podcast episode: Lights! Camera! Advocacy!
In this episode we chat to Gerard O’Dwyer.
He is an actor, speaker and performer.
He has Down Syndrome.
He talks about working in films, TV and theatre.
The latest COVID rules in Easy Read
The COVID rules changed on 15 December.
In this Easy Read guide we explain what you can do in NSW.
We also recommend how you can stay safe.
Three new fact sheets about the COVID vaccine
In these Easy Read fact sheets we talk about
- getting a booster dose of a COVID vaccine
- what the third dose of the COVID vaccine is
- the difference between the third dose and a booster dose.
Have a happy and safe break
The holiday season can be a great time with family and friends.
But it can be hard for some people too.
If you want to talk to somebody you can call
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
- Parent Line 1300 130 052
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Domestic and family violence helpline 1800 737 732
- QLife peer support for LGBTI people 1800 184 527
This is an exercise to help you feel calm.
Royal Commission hearings in 2022
In 2022 the Disability Royal Commission will have public hearings on
- NDIS and service providers
- Health and safety of women and girls
Christmas and New Year for everyone
Here is a list of Christmas lunches and things to do.
They are free.
These are for people who might be having a hard time or are alone at Christmas.
Here is a list of accessible events around Australia for New Year’s Eve.
These events are cheap or free.
These events are for everyone.
New Year's Eve in Sydney
There are accessible places to enjoy New Year’s Eve in Sydney.
New Domestic Violence Easy Read resources by PWDA
PWDA has created 3 Easy Read resources and videos.
They give information on how to find domestic and family violence services.
They talk about how to deal with sexual assault and abuse.
These are to help people with disability access domestic and family violence services.
It talks about how to deal with sexual assault and abuse.
Got a question?
Our friendly team can answer your questions.
They can help you find the information you need.
Call us on 1800 424 065.
Our email and phone lines close on Friday 25 December.
They open again on Tuesday 4 January.
Hope you have a happy and safe holiday.