Inclusion Works – Inclusive Employment for Councils
Inclusion Works – Inclusive Employment for Councils is an initiative promoting inclusive employment practices for people with intellectual disability in NSW councils. As local leaders, councils have a unique opportunity to set an example for the community. The project runs throughout 2023 and concludes in June 2024.
We offer free training and support to councils throughout the duration of the project in implementing inclusive employment priorities outlined in their Disability Inclusion Action Plans (DIAPs) and other inclusion and diversity strategies.
We will work with councils and address the needs and priorities of each council.
Services could include:
- Strategies to engage someone with intellectual disability on local Council staff, including recruitment and job customisation
- Easy Read training and resource development
- Workplace adjustment support
- Monitoring of inclusive practices to guide action plan
- Regular feedback, coaching and support on inclusive practices
Through an expression of interest, we will select 12 councils for this project. To be selected, councils must commit to improving inclusive practices to support the employment of people with intellectual disability within the council.
For more information including how to apply, fill out the form.