Inclusion Works – Inclusive Employment for Councils
Inclusion Works – Inclusive Employment for Councils is an initiative promoting inclusive employment practices for people with intellectual disability in NSW councils. As local leaders, councils have a unique opportunity to set an example for the community. The project runs throughout 2023 and concludes in June 2024.
We offer free training and support to councils throughout the duration of the project in implementing inclusive employment priorities outlined in their Disability Inclusion Action Plans (DIAPs) and other inclusion and diversity strategies.
We will work with councils and addresses the needs and priorities of each council.
Services could include:
- Strategies to engage someone with intellectual disability on local Council staff, including recruitment and job customisation
- Easy Read training and resource development
- Workplace adjustment support
- Monitoring of inclusive practices to guide action plan
- Regular feedback, coaching and support on inclusive practices
- Other services as needed to help on your council’s inclusivity journey
Through an expression of interest, we will select 12 councils for this project. To be selected, councils need to commit to hiring at least one person with intellectual disability on a part-time employment or paid traineeship opportunity.
For more information including how apply, fill out the form.
Get more information about Inclusion Works