Abuse in the criminal justice system
The Disability Royal Commission wants to know about
in the criminal justice system.
The criminal justice system deals with people when they break the law.
- Police and detectives
- Lawyers including Legal Aid
- Courts including judges
- Victim support groups and services
- Community corrections officers
- Prisons and corrections officers
The Royal Commission has questions. They want to know things like
- Your experience of the criminal justice system
- Why does abuse happen in the criminal justice system
- What can make the criminal justice system safer for people with disability
You can read all the questions in the Commission’s criminal justice system issues paper.
The paper has more information about the criminal justice system.
If you want to answer the questions you can call the Commission on 1800 517 199
You may find it hard to talk about abuse in the criminal justice system.
You can get support before you talk to the commission.
To find a support service go to the Commission’s website.
Find out more about the Disability Royal Commission.
If you have any questions please call us on 1800 424 065.