Tell the Royal Commission about violence and abuse at home

15 January 2021
  • This blog has information about violence and abuse.

    It may upset you.

    You may want support to read it.

  • Many people with disability are not safe in their home.

    People can experience domestic and family violence.

  • Domestic and family violence is when you are hurt by someone close to you, such as:

    • your partner
    • a family member
    • someone who takes care of you
    • someone you live with
  • The Disability Royal Commission wants to know about people’s experience of violence and abuse in their home.

    They want to know things like

    • What types of violence and abuse happen to people with disability at home?
    • Why does this violence and abuse happen?
    • How can we stop this violence or abuse?
  • The Commission has questions you can answer.

    You can read all the questions in the Commission’s Violence and abuse of people with disability at home issues paper.

    The paper is available in Easy Read.

    PDF version: You can read the questions at

  • You must answer the questions before February 26.

    If you want to answer the questions you can call the Commission on 1800 517 199.

  • You may find it upsetting to talk about violence and abuse at home.

    You can get support before you talk to the Commission.

    To find a support service call the Commission on 1800 517 199.

    You can also contact 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732.

  • See what we say about the Disability Royal Commission.

    If you have any questions please call us on 1800 424 065.

Share online