Wearing masks during Coronavirus
Wearing a mask can help keep you and others safe from Coronavirus.
There are different kinds of masks
1. Surgical masks
Surgical masks can only be used once.
After you wear the mask put it in a rubbish bin.
2. Cloth masks
Cloth masks can be used more than once.
After you wear the mask you should wash it.
A cloth mask should have 3 layers of material.
How to wear a mask safely
1. Wash your hands before you put the mask on
2. Make sure the mask is not damaged or dirty
3. Only touch the ear loops
4. Make sure the mask covers your nose, mouth and chin
5. Do not touch the mask while you wear it
After using the mask
You can take your mask off when you are in a safe place.
Carry a little bag with you to put the mask in when you take it off.
Wash your hands after you take the mask off.
Put a surgical mask in a bin as soon as you can.
Wash a cloth mask as soon as you can.
Will a mask keep you safe from Coronavirus?
A mask can help keep you safe from Coronavirus.
But you can still get sick if you wear a mask.
Even when you wear a mask, you should
- wash your hands often
- stay 1.5 metres away from other people
- stay at home if you feel sick
Get tested if you have
- a fever
- a cough or sore throat
- trouble breathing