My Rights Matter – Supported Decision Making Workshop for Families and Close Supporters (Online)
- When: Wednesday 23 August 2023, 10am to 2pm
- Where: Online
This workshop is for families, friends and peers of people with intellectual disability. It will take place online via Zoom.
The Supported Decision Making workshop will introduce participants to CID’s Supported Decision Making Framework and Principles.
Through reflective activities, attendees learn how to apply this knowledge to best support the people with intellectual disability in their life to make more of their own decisions.
By attending this workshop attendees will:
- Understand that decision making capability means people have access to the supporters and adjustments they want and need
- Identify solutions to barriers in implementing decisions
- Recognise possible risks and consequences when supporting decision making
- Learn how to apply this knowledge to best support the people with intellectual disability in their life to make more of their own decisions.
Attendees will have access to CID’s supported decision making resources.
We also offer supported decision making workshops for service providers as well as people with intellectual disability. See our upcoming workshops here.
You must be a resident of NSW to be able to attend CID’s My Rights Matter workshops.
For more information, email email@example.com.