My Rights Matter – Supported Decision Making Workshop for Families and Close Supporters (in person)
- When: Wednesday 24 May 2023, 10am to 2pm
- Where: Surry Hills, Sydney
This workshop is for families, friends and peers of people with intellectual disability.
The Supported Decision Making workshop will introduce participants to CID’s Supported Decision Making Framework and Principles.
Through reflective activities, attendees will begin exploring a vision of how to apply this knowledge to best support the people with intellectual disability in their life to make more of their own decisions.
By attending this workshop attendees will:
- understand that decision making capability means people have access to the supporters and adjustments they want and need
- identify solutions to barriers in implementing decisions
- identify possible risks and consequences when supporting decision making
- begin exploring how to apply this knowledge to best support the people with intellectual disability in their life to make more of their own decisions.
Attendees will have access to CID’s supported decision making resources.
This workshop will take place on:
- Date: Wednesday 24 May 2023
- Time: 10am to 2pm
- Location: Surry Hills, Sydney
Lunch will be provided.
We also offer supported decision making workshops for service providers as well as families and close supporters. See our upcoming workshops here.
For more information, email email@example.com.