My Rights Matter – Supported Decision Making Workshop for Service Providers (Online)
- When: Thursday 16 November 2023, 10am to 2.30pm
- Where: Online via Zoom
You must be a resident of NSW to attend CID’s My Rights Matter workshops.
This workshop aims to help service providers build their supported decision making knowledge and skills to better support people with intellectual disability.
The Supported Decision Making workshop for service providers will introduce participants to CID’s Supported Decision Making Framework and Principles. Through practical activities and scenarios, attendees will begin exploring how to apply these principles in supporting people with intellectual disability to make more of their own decisions.
By attending this workshop attendees will:
- Understand that decision making capability means people have access to the supporters and adjustments they want and need
- Identify possible risks and consequences when supporting decision making
- Identify solutions to barriers in implementing decisions
- Begin exploring how to apply this knowledge to best support people with disability to make more of their own decisions while introducing the supported decision making principles and practices to their workplace.
Attendees will have access to supported decision making resources to help them lead change in their organisation.
This workshop will take place on:
- Date: Thursday 16 November 2023, 10am to 2.30pm
- Location: Online via Zoom (we recommend joining from a computer to have the best access to resources and activities)
- Cost: $50
We also offer supported decision making workshops for service providers as well as families and close supporters. See our upcoming workshops here.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the fee is a hardship for you, please let us know. We also have group discounts available.
Having trouble with the form? Register on Humanitix.