My Rights Matter – Supported Decision Making Workshop for Service Providers (Sydney)
- When: Tuesday 29 August, 10am to 2pm
- Where: Level 29, 259 George Street, Sydney
This workshop aims to help service providers build their supported decision making knowledge and skills to better support people with intellectual disability to make more of their own decisions.
The Supported Decision Making workshop for service providers will introduce participants to CID’s Supported Decision Making Framework and Principles. Through practical activities and scenarios, attendees will begin exploring how to apply these principles in supporting people with intellectual disability to make more of their own decisions.
By attending this workshop attendees will:
- understand that decision making capability means people have access to the supporters and adjustments they want and need
- identify possible risks and consequences when supporting decision making
- identify solutions to barriers in implementing decisions
- begin exploring how to apply this knowledge to best support people with disability to make more of their own decisions while introducing the supported decision making principles and practices to their workplace.
Attendees will have access to supported decision making resources to help them lead change in their organisation.
This workshop will take place on:
- Date: Tuesday 29 August 2023
- Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Location: Boardroom 1, Beaumont Consulting, Level 29, 259 George Street, Sydney
- Cost: $100
- Lunch will be provided
We also offer supported decision making workshops for people with intellectual disability as well as families and close supporters. See all our supported decision making workshops.
For more information, email email@example.com.
If the fee is a hardship for you, please let us know. We also have group discounts available.
Having trouble with the form? Register on Humanitix.