The fourth COVID vaccination
More people can now get a fourth dose of the COVID vaccine.
The fourth dose is also called the winter dose.
The fourth dose can give you more protection against COVID
It also means if you get COVID you might not get as sick.
Who can get the fourth dose?
It is recommended that everyone over 50 has a fourth dose.
If you are 30 to 49 you can get it if you want to.
You have to wait 3 months after you had your third COVID vaccine.
If you have had COVID you have to wait 3 months to get the vaccine.
The fourth dose is free.
Which vaccine should I get for my fourth dose?
Most people will get Pfizer or Moderna.
It does not matter if you had a different COVID vaccine before.
Where can I get it?
There are lots of places to get your fourth dose.
- Talk to your chemist or doctor to find a place near you.
- Book a booster dose or fourth dose, on COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Finder
- SMS ‘Hey EVA’to 0481 611 382.
Someone from the National Coronavirus Helpline will call you to help book your COVID vaccination.
Call the Disability Gateway on 1800 643 789.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccines
- Call Disability Gateway on 1800 643 787
- Call the COVID-19 Helpline on 1800 020 080
- Go to the Department of Health website www.health.gov.au