More than Just a Job Inclusive Business Guide
Scroll down for tools and templates.
The More than Just a Job Inclusive Business Guide is for businesses who want to employ a person with intellectual disability.
It provides practical information about what businesses can do to recruit and support employees with intellectual disability in their workplace.
It shows businesses how to create an inclusive work environment and provides practical tools to build the confidence of staff to support their colleagues with intellectual disability.
You will find examples and templates that can be used to recruit, onboard and provide ongoing support to employees with intellectual disability.
Tools and templates
Here is list of all the resources found in the Inclusive Business Guide. You can download the blank template versions of these resources and their how-to instructions to help you support your employee.
Resources from the guide:
- Business inclusion checklist (PDF)
- Employment inclusion action plan (PDF)
- Task list (PDF)
- Employee characteristic list (PDF)
- Supports available to employee (PDF)
- Easy Read guidelines (PDF)
- Accessible job advertisement (PDF)
- Top communication tips (PDF)
- One page profile (PDF)
- Accessible work schedule (PDF)
- What happens here (PDF)
- Good day bad day (PDF)
- Online meeting checklist (PDF)
- Easy Read employment contract (PDF)
- Easy Read Work Health and Safety policy (PDF)
Funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Need more information?
Call us on 1800 424 065.
Inclusive governance framework
Inclusive governance means that people with intellectual disability use their voices and insight to make decisions in organisations.
Online meetings checklist
A checklist that will help you prepare for an online meeting, such as on Zoom.