My Rights Matter – Supported Decision Making Workshop for Service Providers (in person)
- When: Monday 15 May 2023, 10am to 2pm
- Where: Level 8, 418a Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills
This workshop aims to help service providers build their supported decision making knowledge and skills to better support people with intellectual disability to make more of their own decisions.
The Supported Decision Making workshop for service providers will introduce participants to CID’s Supported Decision Making Framework and Principles. Through practical activities and scenarios, attendees will begin exploring how to apply these principles in supporting people with intellectual disability to make more of their own decisions.
By attending this workshop attendees will:
- understand that decision making capability means people have access to the supporters and adjustments they want and need
- identify possible risks and consequences when supporting decision making
- identify solutions to barriers in implementing decisions
- begin exploring how to apply this knowledge to best support people with disability to make more of their own decisions while introducing the supported decision making principles and practices to their workplace.
Attendees will have access to supported decision making resources to help them lead change in their organisation.
This workshop will take place on:
- Date: Monday 15 May 2023
- Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Location: Level 8, 418a Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills
- Lunch will be provided
We also offer supported decision making workshops for people with intellectual disability:
- Supported Decision Making – online workshop for people with intellectual disability
- Supported Decision Making – in person workshop for people with intellectual disability
For more information, email email@example.com.