eNews February 2022 in Easy Read

How to do a rapid antigen test (RAT) from your nose

  • A Rapid Antigen Test is also called a RAT.

    A RAT will tell you if you have COVID-19

    This video and guide tells you how to do a RAT from your nose.

What to do if you get COVID-19

Help us launch the National Roadmap campaign

  • We need political parties to work on better health for people with intellectual disability.

    Ask your friends and families to sign a postcard to politicians so we can End Deadly Disability Discrimination now!


Are you a person with intellectual disability looking for work?

  • You can attend our training for people with intellectual disability called More Than Just a Job for Me.

    It can help you think about the kind of work you would like.

    You can also learn to speak up.

    To find out more

Arts and Culture podcast series

What is co-design? And what does it mean to me?

  • Ricky is a Project Worker at CID.

    He is part of a co-design team with My Life My Choices.

    In this article Ricky tells us why co-design is important.

VALIANT is a short film about relationships

Chef Antonio's Recipes for Revolution 

The Photovoice Contribution Project 

  • The Photovoice Contribution Project is a photo project run by the University of NSW.

    To be part of the project you need to be a person with intellectual disability.

    You need to be over 18 years old.

  • You will learn to take photos.

    You would get to take photos in your community.

    Your photos will then be in an exhibition in a gallery.

  • People who are part of the project will get gift cards for attending 2 workshops.

    You will also get free camera.

    To find out more email Dr Samuel Arnold at samuel.arnold@unsw.edu.au or
    call 9385 0620.

The Australian Disability and Indigenous Peoples’ Education Fund is open for applications

NDIS participants can use plan funds to claim for rapid antigen tests (RAT)

  • This is for people with an NDIS plan.

    You can use the money from your plan to pay for RATS for you and your support workers.

    Talk to your service provider or support coordinator for more information.

A short film about people with intellectual disability and criminal justice

Got a question?

  • Our friendly team can answer your questions.

    They can help you find the information you need.

    Call us on 1800 424 065.

Share online